What is the content of the report?
The report was prepared using data from a wide range of primary and secondary sources. Based on the data from individual sources, we developed independent calculations of key market indicators, including market volume, value of its individual segments, shares of major players, market growth rate, and other. These calculations were then compiled and cross-checked using econometric modelling and expert methods. As a result, an objective and error-free measurement method was developed for the analysed market, the results of which are presented in the report.
- value of the online retail market, broken down into sales in online stores and on e-commerce platforms (for 2018-2027)
- growth rate for the e-commerce market and its individual segments (for 2018-2027)
- forecasts of the market volume and structure (for 15 product categories for 2022-2027)
- shares of the largest players in the online market and its individual categories (for 2018-2022)
- findings of the PMR consumer survey among online buyers (broken down into 15 product categories)
- segmentation of online buyers (based on PMR research)
- trends and factors influencing the value of online sales (including demand-side, supply-side, technological, macroeconomic, and legal factors)
- profiles of the 15 largest players in the market
Time span: 2018-2021
Forecast period: 2022-2027
The report covers online shopping in Polish online stores and purchases made by Polish customers at foreign stores and platforms.
The report covers sales breakdown into 15 product categories, including:
- Clothing and footwear
- Pet products
- Children's accessories
- Books and multimedia
- Automotive accessories
For the report, long-term market development forecasts were prepared using econometric models and a 15-year time series. The timescale of the forecasts covers the period 2022-2027.
Selected sources used while preparing the report:
- PMR estimations of the market value, segments, categories, and individual players based on proprietary algorithms that take into account, among others, financial data and reports of companies, the number of page views, product range, consumer survey results, and statistical data.
- PMR forecasts for the value of the market, its segments, product categories, and individual players based on proprietary econometric models that take into account macroeconomic and demographic indicators as well as consumer survey findings.
- Results of analyses and research projects carried out by PMR in the retail, e-commerce, ICT, and related industries between 2017-2022.
- In-depth interviews with market representatives: owners of online stores, e-commerce directors, category managers in companies operating in the market, and product analysts.
- A CAWI survey on online purchases conducted specifically for this report (n=1,235).
- Survey research conducted for other PMR reports, including retail trade in groceries, cosmetics, clothing and footwear in Poland.
- Cyclical monitoring of page views and traffic for 750 online stores and e-commerce platforms operating in the Polish retail market.
- Cyclical monitoring of financial data for 570 online stores and e-commerce platforms operating in the Polish retail market.
- Cyclical monitoring of payment, delivery, and return conditions for the 461 largest online stores operating in the Polish retail market.