The report shows the scale of investment made by the service providers, as well as their plans for modernisation of existing data centres and construction of new. The price levels and changes in this area for 2013-2018 are analysed, together with a demand for services and the portfolio of customers using data centre services in Poland. The report presents market development forecasts in the short (1-2 years), medium (3-4 years) and long term (5-6 years). A separate chapter of the report is devoted to the simulations of changes in energy prices for industrial customers in Poland (the major cost factor for operating data centres) depending on the assumed macroeconomic factors and regulatory issues.
The report includes Database of report stats (an Excel file) containing the most important statistics from the report so that you can analyse/aggregate the data on your own – a tool that is particularly useful for Analysts.
What is the content of the report?
Get to know the market of data centers operating in Poland and the prospects for the development of the sector:
- Comprehensive discussion of the activities of commercial data center providers in Poland, trends, events and market changes.
- Detailed profiles of more than 30 data center providers in Poland, including detailed data and technical parameters of facilities, PUE, levels of redundancy of individual infrastructure and air conditioning elements.
- Information on colocation, hosting, cloud services, business continuity and disaster recovery services available to enterprises on the Polish data center market.
- Analysis of individual data center service providers, their strengths and weaknesses and development plans.
- Assessment of the scale of investments in technology parks.
- Technical capabilities and available usable space (gross and net) in leading Polish data centers.
- Price levels in commercial data centers for individual services, such as collocation (both prices per rack and prices of smaller installations than 1U), hosting of virtual and dedicated servers (VPS).
- Customer portfolios of data center providers, division into industries, companies and institutions using commercial data centers in Poland.
- Forecasts for the development of the data center market in Poland in the years 2019-2024, assessment of demand by industry and company size.
- Investments in new facilities and modernization of existing data centers in the years to come.
- Forecasts of changes in energy prices in Poland in the years 2019-2024.
- Discussion of the most important trends, world and regional forecasts, which are a benchmark and a point of reference for the Polish market and give the possibility to make comparisons.
In gathering information and confirming data for the purposes of the report and in order to better understand the situation on the data center market in Poland, we conducted on-site visits to over 20 leading data centers in Poland, located in Katowice, Krakow (and Skawina near Krakow), Łodz, Poznan, Torun, Warsaw and Wroclaw. The following data centers were visited: 3S, ATMAN, Beyond.pl, Comarch, Data Techno Park, Euro-Centrum, Exea, GTS, HP Polska, IBM Polska, Inea, Linxdatacenter, Netia, Onet, Orange Polska, Polcom, T-Mobile Polska, Talex, Equinix Telecity, Thinx Poland, Wasko (COIG).
We also held talks with other players on the Polish data center market, including BCC, CK ZETO, Hector, MNI Telecom, Sprint, Technopark Pomerania. We also visited several smaller server rooms and contacted several dozen other companies who provide space for collocation and hosting in Poland.
Thanks to the visits and conversations we gained a more objective picture of the market, the actual state of the infrastructure in data centers in Poland and we got to know better the development plans of providers for the following years.