The report analyses the value and structure of the market from 2015 through 2024 in terms of key distribution channels (clothing chains, the internet, direct selling, open-air markets, hypermarkets, supermarkets, and discount stores, with estimates of clothing and footwear sales at the leading grocery chains such as e.g. Biedronka, Lidl, Tesco, Kaufland, Carrefour) as well as in terms of price segments and product categories.
For the purposes of this year’s report we have also conducted a consumer survey to arrive at a profile of the Polish consumer of clothing and footwear. The report thus contains data on the clothing and footwear purchases of Polish men and women, their propensity to buy specific fashion items and their preferred places for buying them, as well as loyalty to brands.
The report includes a Power Point file with executive summary and an Excel file with key underlying data, allowing you to sort and manage the data according to your needs – a useful tool particularly for analysts.The report update is an Excel file containing updated figures plus a ‘Key Conclusions’ sheet with expert commentary about observed changes.
What is the content of the report?
- Market value, with a 5-year forecast developed by PMR econometricians using proven models
- Sales value in distribution channels in 2015-2024
- Value of clothing and footwear segments 2015-2024
- Revenues of clothing/footwear chains
- Sales per store
- Store numbers
- Combined market share of the top 10 players
- Value of price segments
- Expert commentary explaining the data: causes, consequences, other development scenarios for the clothing and footwear retail market in Poland
- Analysis of the macroeconomic situation in Poland along with predictions for the period 2019-2024 and forecasts of key economic indicators until 2024
- Profile of the consumer developed from a survey into Poles’ clothing and footwear purchases conducted by PMR on a purposive sample of 600 adults
- Impact of recently enacted and planned legislation on clothing and footwear retail (Rodzina 500+ programme, restrictions on Sunday trade etc.)
- Consolidation processes taking place on the clothing and footwear retail market in Poland
- Ranking list of the largest fashion retailers in Poland in terms of sales revenues and store numbers, with information on expansion plans, changes in product assortment
- Distribution channels covered in the report: clothing and footwear chains, independent clothing and footwear stores, open-air markets, internet sales, catalogues, hypermarkets and discount stores
- Market development forecasts until 2024 (with estimated impact of specific factors on projected market value), developed in collaboration with a team of econometricians
- Proprietary survey of Poles’ clothing and footwear purchases carried out on a purposive sample of 600 adults.
- Absolute novelty - the report takes into account the value of sales divided into four product segments (clothing, underwear, footwear, accessories) and the characteristics of each of them. What is more, the segmentation includes a deeper division into products dedicated to specific groups of customers (women, men, children) and a breakdown by style (casual, smart, sports).