Analysis is dedicated to mobile internet market and other value-added and non-voice services. In the case of mobile internet, the report presents the value and dynamics of the market, its service suppliers and their market shares as determined by the number of subscribers and revenues generated. It also examines pricing structures, discount policies and service offerings of specific operators, including both pre-paid and post-paid service models. The report also discusses the development of mobile networks, including the LTE network in Poland.
The report presents profiles of providers of mobile internet, mobile value-added services, market’s horizontal structure and offers development forecasts for each major segment, including payments by SMS, mobile games, interactive media, mobile marketing, mobile music and applications. It also provides an analysis of the numbers of higher payments managed by the Polish regulator. Synthesis of the data shows market shares of individual operators and content providers, price ranges, as well as use of premium numbers and trends in this area.
What is the content of the report?
- Value and dynamics of Poland’s mobile internet market
- Total number of mobile internet subscribers in Poland with breakdowns by post-paid and pre-paid services; penetration of mobile phone services and of dedicated cards for data transmission; sales of smartphones
- Volume shares of the individual players in Poland’s mobile internet market; number of SIM cards in the MVNO networks
- Identification of the most important global trends and comparison of the Polish market to those of other countries
- Details on the offers of operators and price level of mobile internet
- Structure of the VAS market and presentation of individual segments (micropayments, interactive media, games, apps, music, mobile marketing).
- Development forecasts for each VAS segment analysed.
- Share of individual providers in the market of premium numbers
- Unique study on the mobile internet and VAS market
- PMR estimates concerning the shares in the mobile internet market with breakdowns by: suppliers, service model, end devices.
- PMR estimates showing the horizontal structure of the VAS market
- PMR analysis of the register of premium numbers, as well as analysis of historical trends in this segment of market.
- Profiles of suppliers operating in the mobile internet and VAS market
- Forecasts for the VAS market in total and with breakdowns by the key segments.
Who benefits from the analysis?
Managers, marketing and business development departments of the following companies:
- Businesses operating in the telecommunications market in Poland, especially those developing or planning to develop mobile internet and VAS services
- Telecommunication operators of all specialisations and from all business segments
- Cable television networks and local ISPs
- Providers of telecommunications and network equipment
- Content providers
- Consulting, research and analytical companies
- Universities, research institutes
- Chambers of commerce, trade organisations
- Banks, insurers and companies active in the energy sector
- Domestic and foreign financial institutions (banks, brokerage houses, investment funds).
Why to buy the report?
- Mobile internet is one of the few segments of the telecommunications market in Poland still experiencing growth
- In the last five years, the number of subscribers using mobile internet with dedicated solutions increased by approximately four million, while the increase of the number of subscribers to fixed internet access services amounted to approximately one million
- The continuous increase in penetration of smartphones is a positive influence on the popularity and importance of mobile internet services
- Investments of operators in the development of LTE are based on assumptions that mobile internet will continue to gain in importance, and consumers will need more and better service parameters at constant prices
- Mobile operators have invested more than 9 billion PLN for the frequency at 800 MHz and capacity at 2.6 GHz during the last auction – mainly for the development of mobile data transfers
- Global trends also point to the strategic importance of mobile data – according to the latest forecasts of Cisco, published in the first quarter of 2016, the amount of transferred data in mobile networks in the next five years will grow twice as rapidly as IP traffic in fixed networks, reaching 30.6 EB per month in 2020, as compared to 3.7 EB per month in 2015
- Next to mobile internet, value-added services represent a significant way for operators to generate additional revenues when revenues from calls are decreasing.
The report will be useful when:
- Operating a business in the telecommunications market in Poland, including primarily mobile services.
- Seeking opportunities to enrich the service portfolio with mobile internet
- Analysing the competition and market potential of mobile internet in Poland
- Identifying areas that can provide additional revenue to the operators of mobile telephony or through cooperation with mobile networks
- Building a development strategy and increasing customer commitment to the VAS market.